Général de Notre Europe, participera au 2eme Belgrade Security Forum sur le théme
« Coping with the crisis: Challenges
to democracy and security », du 20 au 22 Septembre 2012, Hotel Hyatt
Regency, Milentija Popovica 6, Belgrade, Serbia.
Mr Bertoncini will participate in the Session 7: Fighting financial crisis: the Eurozone and beyond, debating following topics:
• The financial crisis spreading across Eurozone countries have emerged
into an urgent problem for policy and decision makers. One of the most
important questions emerged is Can the Eurozone be saved or is it too big to
• Additional questions that still instigate wider debate are should Europe
move ahead with deeper political integration process or establish rules that
would simulate a “fiscal union?” Is fiscal union the key to resolving the
exposure of the Eurozone to debt crisis?
• Whether introducing Eurobonds and expanding the Eurozone’s bailout fund
would be sufficient and long lasting solution? How to conduct efficiently
Europe-wide bank recapitalization?
• Addressing the Eurozone’s deeper defects cannot be postponed endlessly
therefore is the solution: founding a comprehensive system of economic
governance and enhanced powers for the ECB so that it can act as a lender of
• In the longer term, how can radical reforms in capital, product, and
labor markets aimed at boosting competitiveness and restoring growth prospects
in the EU be effectively implemented?
• Almut Moller, Head of Program, Alfred Von
Oppenheim Center for European Policy
Studies, German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP)
General, Notre Europe