25 January 2014, 4 months before the next European elections, Notre Europe – Jacques Delors Institute and the European Movement – France organised the second debate of their cycle “Droit d’inventaire – Droit d’inventer”, in Rouen in the euro-constituency North-West, on the themes democracy, euro, employment and globalisation.
Three major issues were pointed out:
1. Globalisation and citizenship: breathing new ideas into the European dream in order to assert itself towards the other world powers
2. Democracy: explaining the European Union, its project and its institutions
3. Employment and the euro: defining a new European economic model
On this occasion, citizens were able to share their questions and opinions with:
– Karima DELLI, member of the European Parliament
– Thomas FERENCZI, former Brussels correspondent for Le Monde
– Elmire Af GEIJERSTAM, consultant, former representative of Swedish cities and regions with the EU
– Marcel GRIGNARD, deputy general-secretary for CFDT
– Nicolas MAYER ROSSIGNOL, president of the Haute-Normandie Region
– Pierre MENGUY, professor in Le Havre University
– Catherine MORIN-DESAILLY, vice-president of the European Movement – France
– Gilles PARGNEAUX, member of the European Parliament
– Patrick SCHREINER, representative of the Lower Saxony DGB
– Claude TALEB, vice-president of the Haute-Normandie Region
To listen to the podcast of the debate (in French), click here.
To see the pictures, click here.