Brussels, 19 January 2015 – Avoiding a “lost generation”: the EU vs the youth unemployment?
Notre Europe Jacques Delors Institue, the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation and the European Economic and Social Committee organise an expert seminar about youth unemployment in Brussels on the 19th January 2015 in the EESC building.
After an introduction by Isabel Mota, there will be two round tables with high quality panelists :
EU initiatives and financial support for youth employment: assessing past initiatives and identifying priorities for the years to come
– László ANDOR, Senior Fellow at the Hertie School of Governance, former EU Commissioner
– Heinz KOLLER, Regional Director for Europe at the International Labour Organization
– Massimiliano MASCHERINI, Research manager at Eurofound, author of a report on the NEET
– Chair: Bart VANHERCKE, Director of the European Social Observatory
Proposals to reinforce youth mobility in the EU as a way to guarantee full youth employment – which costs and benefits for young people and for the home/host countries?
– Christian EGE, Former State Secretary of Saarland, project Europatriates
– Pedro MOTA SOARES, Minister for Employment and Social Affairs from Portugal
– António SILVA MENDES, Director at DG Education of the European Commission, responsible for the coordination of Erasmus +
– Chair: António VITORINO, President of Notre Europe-Jacques Delors Institute
Closing speech by Marianne THYSSEN, EU Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs, Skills and Labour Mobility