Notre Europe Jacques Delors Institute and the Mouvement Européen France organise a series of civic debates in the 8 French European Parliament constituencies for the European elections of May 25th 2014, on Droit dinventaire Droit dinventer.
The debates will take place from November 2013 to May 2014. They will gather citizens and local, national and European actors in a spirit of pluralism. Their goal is to evaluate current Europe and to invent Europe of tomorrow, along four essential issues:
- Euro: How do we benefit from the single currency? How to deal with euro?
- Employment: Is it a local, national or European issue? What can Europe do in order to everybody to have a job?
- Democracy: Why voting today? What meaning will our ballot have next May 25th? Can Europe be more democratic and under which conditions?
- Globalisation: Where do regions, France and Europe fit in the world ? How European Union can give us a voice in globalisation? To what extent can it protect us?
We invite you to come to our debates in each of the 8 French euro-constituencies:
- Albi in the South-West, 25 November 2013
- Rouen in the North-West, 25 January 2014
- La Rochelle in the West, 7 February 2014
- Besançon in the East, 25 March 2014
- Evry in Ile de France, 4 April 2014
Orléansin the Centre, 9 April 2014
- Saint Denis de la Réunion in Overseas, 23 April 2014
- Aix-en-Provence in the South-East, 25 April 2014
A concluding conference wil take place in Paris 17 May 2014 in order to highlight the main issues, ideas, and propositions expressed by the participants during all the debates.
For additional information, thank you to contact Virginie Timmerman at : firstname.lastname@example.org