Founded in 2009 by the European Culture Center of the French town Saint Jean d’Angely, the Book Prize “Mieux comprendre l’Europe” [Better Understand Europe] rewards authors whose works are sheer pedagogical tools to get acquainted with European Union’s foundations. This Prize is mostly dedicated to high school students, teachers and teachers’ trainers but aims also to encourage the public to discover books who can help them to better understand European issues.
For this 11th edition, the jury was composed of:
- Michel Adam, President, Jean Monnet European Studies Center, Cognac
- Laurence Aubron, Journalist and Director of Euradionantes
- Yves Doutriaux, Conseiller d’Etat and Associate professor, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
- Christian Lequesne, Professor, Sciences Po. Paris, Former director of the Centre d’Études et de Recherches Internationales [International Studies and Research Center] (CERI – Sciences Po)
- Sébastien Maillard, Director, Jacques Delors Institute
- Philippe Perchoc, Analyst, European Parliament, Professor, Université de Nantes, Université catholique de Louvain and College of Europe
- Anja Thomas, PhD candidate, Centre d’Études et de Recherches Internationales [International Studies and Research Center]
- Marie-Christine Vallet, President of the Jury, Journalist, Assistant Editorial Director on Europe, Radio France
- Francine Vaniscotte, Prize Founder, President of the European Culture Center of the French (2003-2016), Saint Jean d’Angely. Founder of the association Héloïse-Itinéraire des pédagogues européens and Member of the Executive Board, Fédération Française des Itinéraires Culturels Européens.
You would like to know who is the Prizewinner of the 11h edition of the Book Prize “Mieux comprendre l’Europe” [Better Understand Europe]? Have a glance at the Jury’s deliberation report, attached to this announcement. For more information on the Prize and to discover the Laureates list since 2009, please visit the dedicated webpage on the Jacques Delors Institute website.