1st December 2011 – Stimulating growth in Europe: Which way forward?
Conférence-organised by Notre Europe, Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Demos Europa on 1st December at La Maison de l’Europe de Paris: 17:30-19:30.
Conférence-organised by Notre Europe, Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Demos Europa on 1st December at La Maison de l’Europe de Paris: 17:30-19:30, 35-37 rue des Francs-Bourgeois.
With the EU economy undertaking a still fragile and uneven recovery, the eyes of many are focused on how to stimulate sustainable long-term growth in Europe. Some point to the importance of strengthening the fundamentals including the single market or intellectual capital. Others consider that EU institutions have to become the engine of growth in an era of national budget austerity. Still others think that the key for growth is to address macro-economic imbalances and prevent future crises. All these need not to be treated as alternative, but as complementary solutions.
17.30-17.40 Welcome and opening
Gaëtane Ricard-Nihoul, Secretary General, Notre Europe
- Krzysztof Blusz, Vice-President, demosEUROPA Centre for European Strategy
Mikolaj Dowgielewicz, Secretary of State for European Affairs, MFA Poland
- Tommaso Padoa-Schioppa, President, Notre Europe
18.30 19.30 Débat
Daniela Schwarzer, Head of Research Division EU Integration
- Jens Bastian, St Antony’s College, Oxford
- Jacques Pelkmans, Senior Research Fellow, Centre for European Policy Studies (tbc)
- Witold Orlowski, Professor, Chief Economist, PricewaterhouseCoopers Poland (tbc)
Moderation: Gaëtane Ricard-Nihoul, Secretary General, Notre Europe
19.30 Cocktail Reception