Paris, 6-7 April 2006 – Deliberation and Citizenship
On April 6-7 2006, Notre Europe organised two public events focused on Deliberation and Citizenship. A report will be on line soon.
WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS FOR A QUALITY DELIBERATION?
A public discussion between:
– James S. Fishkin, Professor at the University of Stanford,Director of the Center for Deliberative Democracy,
– Robert E. Luskin, Professor at the University of Texas, and
– Bernard Manin, Professor at the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales and at the University of New York
Friday 7 April 2-6:30pm At the “Maison de l’Europe” 35, rue des Francs Bourgeois, Paris IVe (subway: St Paul)
HOW DOES PUBLICA DELIBERATION CONTRIBUTE TO CITIZENSHIP LEARNING?
– James S. Fishkin, Professor at the University of Stanford
– Robert E. Luskin, Professor at the University of Texas
– Gabor Toka, Professor at the Central European University (Budapest) and Fellow researcher the University of Oxford
– and others
French and English interpretation will be provided
With the partnership of The European University Institute, the Centre for European Policy Studies, the Institute for Referendum and Initiative and Europeum.
An initiative co-funded by the European Commission.