Warsaw, 6 May 2014: Dealing with the EUs Legitimacy Crisis
Valentin Kreilinger, associate researcher, speaks at the seminar of the Polish Institute of International Affairs (PISM) and the Warsaw office of the Heinrich Böll Stiftung on “Legitimacy by national parliaments fruitful coopetition or renationalization of European politics?”
Dealing with the EUs Legitimacy Crisis: False Promises or Promising Improvements?
Time and Venue:
6 May 2014 (Tuesday) 10.00-14.10
Polish Institute of International Affairs
1a Warecka Street, Warsaw
10.00 10.10 Welcoming remarks
- Roderick Parkes, Head of EU Programme, PISM
- Irene Hahn-Fuhr, Director of the Heinrich Böll Foundation in Warsaw
10.10 11.15 Legitimacy via prosperity is the EUs output legitimacy gone forever?
- Thomas Petersen, Institut für Demoskopie Allensbach
- Adriana Skorupska, PISM
- Chair: Michal Sutowski, Krytyka Polityczna
11.15 11.25 Coffee break
11.25 12.40 Legitimacy by the European Parliament credible innovations or power games?
- Brendan Donnelly, Federal Trust
- David O’Leary, Europe Decides
- Agata Gostynska, PISM
- Chair: Beata Plomecka, Brussels correspondent for Polskie Radio
12.40 12.50 Break
12.50 14.10 Legitimacy by national parliaments fruitful coopetition or renationalization of European politics?
- Valentin Kreilinger, Notre Europe – Institut Jacques Delors
- Tomasz Woznicki, Chancellery of the Sejm (tbc)
- Ryszarda Formuszewicz, PISM
- Chair and final remarks: Roderick Parkes, PISM