EU defence capacities: maintaining credibility?
Notre Europe – Jacques Delors Institute presents the synthesis of the 3rd seminar of the project TGAE, which dealt with the issue of EU defence capacity and which took place in Paris on 24 October 2012.
Notre Europe Fride EUISS EUMC
– Daniel Keohane, Head of Strategic Affairs, FRIDE;
– Nick Witney, Senior Policy Fellow, European Council of Foreign Relations (ECFR).
The debate also benefited from the participation of:
– General Patrick de Rousiers, Chairman of the EU Military Committee (EUMC)
– General Jean-Paul Perruche, Research Director for European and Transatlantic Security at the French Ministry of Defense’s Institute for Strategic Research – IRSEM and President of Eurodéfense-France, former Director-General, EU Military Staff.
– Captain (Navy) François Rebour, ‘European Union’ Head of Office of the International Organisations Directorate, Joint Defence Staff – French Ministry of Defence
– Andrea Gilli, Visiting Fellow, EUISS
As for the previous reports, the next edition of the report TGAE will be based on the collective work of a group of 16 European think tanks:
The 16 think tanks participating in this project have confronted their analyses during a series of seminars organised in Rome, London, Paris, Madrid and Brussels during October 2012.
The project is led with the support of the