Welfare state sustainability: resetting EU migration strategy?
Notre Europe – Jacques Delors Institute presents the synthesis of the fifth seminar of the project Think Global – Act European IV which took place, in partnership with EPC on the 30th October 2012 in Brussels.
This brief synthesis regroups salient points of the discussions, before the publication of a series of policy papers in January 2013 and the final report “Thinking Strategically about the EU’sExternal Action”, directed by Elvire Fabry, in March 2013.
H. Martens Y. Pascouau
The debate was shaped by the contributions of the following experts:
· Sergio Carrera, Head of the Justice and Home Affairs Section, CEPS
· Leonhard Den Hertog, Marie Curie PhD Fellow, Universities of Cologne & Edinburgh, for CEPS
· Andreas Ette,Senior Researcher, German Federal Institute for Population Research
· Elvire Fabry, Senior Research Fellow, director of the Think Global – Act European project, Notre Europe – Jacques Delors Institute
· Carmen Gonzalez Enriquez, Senior Analyst, Elcano Roal Institute
· Ruby Gropas, Research Fellow, ELIAMEP
· Thanos Maroukis, Research Fellow, ELIAMEP
· Hans Martens,Chief Executive Officer, European Policy Centre
· Roderick Parkes, Head of EU programme, PISM, for SWP
· Joanna Parkin, Researcher, CEPS
· Yves Pascouau, Head of Programme Migration and Diversity, EPC
· Alicia Sorroza, Analyst, Elcano Royal Institute
· Anna Triandafyllidou, Senior Fellow, ELIAMEP
The programme is led with the support of the