Notre Europe – Jacques Delors Institute
presents the synthesis of the fifth seminar of the project Think Global – Act European IV
which took place, in partnership withEPC on the 30th October 2012 in Brussels. The seminar, entitled “Facing the EU demographic challenge through a comprehensive migration strategy? “
brought together experts from the working group dedicated to EU’s migration policy.
This brief synthesis regroups salient points of the discussions, before the publication of a series of policy papers in January 2013 and the final report “Thinking Strategically about the EU’sExternal Action”, directed by Elvire Fabry, in March 2013.
H. Martens Y. Pascouau
The debate was shaped by the contributions of the following experts:
· Sergio Carrera, Head of the Justice and Home Affairs Section, CEPS
· Leonhard Den Hertog, Marie Curie PhD Fellow, Universities of Cologne & Edinburgh, for CEPS
· Andreas Ette,Senior Researcher, German Federal Institute for Population Research
· Elvire Fabry, Senior Research Fellow, director of the Think Global – Act European project, Notre Europe – Jacques Delors Institute
· Carmen Gonzalez Enriquez, Senior Analyst, Elcano Roal Institute
· Ruby Gropas, Research Fellow, ELIAMEP
· Thanos Maroukis, Research Fellow, ELIAMEP
· Hans Martens,Chief Executive Officer, European Policy Centre
· Roderick Parkes, Head of EU programme, PISM, for SWP
· Joanna Parkin, Researcher, CEPS
· Yves Pascouau, Head of Programme Migration and Diversity, EPC
· Alicia Sorroza, Analyst, Elcano Royal Institute
· Anna Triandafyllidou, Senior Fellow, ELIAMEP
The 16 think tanks participating in this project have confronted their analyses during a series of seminars organised in Rome, London, Paris, Madrid and Brussels during October 2012.
The programme is led with the support of the