Europe: facing climate change
The Jacques Delors Institute, in partnership with the European Movement Basse-Normandie, hosted on 18 December 2015 a civic panel discussion on the theme “Europe: facing climate change”. This Synthesis presents the main elements of the debate.
In this Synthesis, Thomas Pellerin-Carlin, research fellow at the Jacques Delors Institute, presents the main elements of the debate. He underlines that climate change has already begun, and locally-tailored solutions exist but could be developed further. This synthesis is based on the following paragraphs:
1. The causes and effects of climate change
2. Energy and climate policy in the European Union
3. Local authorities: leading the fight for energy efficiency
4. Biomass: an energy source for Normandy and Europe’s future
5. Climate change: central to the world’s major challenges