Neighbourhood policy: more or no more?
The European Commission has launched consultations on the future of the ENP. Meanwhile, Eneko Landaburu takes a stand on that policy and suggests ways to improve its inner functioning and efficiency.
Federica Mogherini, the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy/Vice-President of the European Commission, and Johannes Hahn, European Commissioner for Enlargement and European Neighbourhood Policy, have launched consultations on the future of the ENP. Meanwhile, Eneko Landaburu, member of our Board of directors, takes a stand on that policy and suggests ways to improve its inner functioning and efficiency
This Tribune deals with the following issues:
1. Neighbourhood policy: a strategic priority for the EU
2. Lacklustre results
3. Much needed changes
4. Reformulating security strategy
5. Securing energy supplies
6. A strategy for human migration
7. Revisiting certain bases: shared values
8. Political conditionality
9. Different differenciation in order to succeed