On 9 April 2014, Notre Europe – Jacques Delors Institute and the European Movement – France organised the sixth debate of their cycle “Droit d’inventaire – Droit d’inventer”, in Orléans in the euro-constituency Massif central – Centre, on the themes democracy and euro.
Three major issues were pointed out:
1. Employment: the need for cooperation-based employment policies
2. Democracy: perfecting European democracy?
3. Citizenship: redesigning the European project?
On this occasion, citizens were able to share their questions and opinions with:
– Sophie Auconie, member of the European Parliament
– Jessica Chamba, vice-president of the International European Movement
– Xavier Beulin, president of the FNSEA and CESER (Centre region)
– Gérard Gautier, president of the CGPME in Loiret
– Karine Gloanec-Maurin, vice-president of the Centre region
– Wojtek Kalinowski, co-director of the Veblen Institute
– Jean-Pierre Sueur, senator for Loiret
– Jozef Niemiec, vice-president of Solidarnosc and the European trade union confederation (ETUC)
To listen to the podcast of the debate (in French), click here.
To see the pictures, click here.