This synthesis of Maria Eugenia Le Gourriérec discusses the main ideas of the conference organised by Notre Europe – Jacques Delors Institute and the Embassy of Poland in France on 28 April 2014 on “The European Union and enlargement ten years on: success and improvement”.
This synthesis is divided in three parts:
1. Poland in the EU: a symbol of enlargement’s success
2. Enlargement: improving the economy and raising the standard of living
3. Social and territorial cohesion need to be strengthened
This synthesis included speeches from:
– His Excellency Mr. Tomasz Orlowski, Polish ambassador to France,
– Yves Bertoncini, director of Notre Europe – Jacques Delors Institute,
– Vasco Cal, member of the Bureau of European Policy Advisers (BEPA), European Commission,
– Marjorie Jouen, adviser at Notre Europe – Jacques Delors Institute,
– Bernard Guetta, international political correspondent with France Inter and Libération.