The cycle and the session were introduced by Jean-Noël
JEANNENEY, President, Europartenaires and moderated by Frédéric MÉNAGER, Secretary General, EuroCité.
debate took place between:
– François FORET, Member of the Political Science department of l’Université Libre de Bruxelles
– Bernard RICHARD, advanced degree in History (agrégé), former attaché culturel at the French Embassies in Chile, Equator and Egypt
– Philippe PERCHOC, Post Doctoral Fellow at CECRI, Université Catholique de Louvain
The seminar was concluded by Yves
Director of Notre Europe – Jacques Delors Institute.
Virginie Timmerman, research assistant at Notre Europe – Jacques Delors Institute, summarise this seminar around three main elements:
1. The EU in search of symbols and a single memory
2. European symbols of today and tomorrow
3. The absence of symbolism in a peaceful and depoliticised Europe
Europe – Jacques Delors Institute, Eurocité and Europartenaires would like to
thank the Representation of the European Commission in France for hosting this