On 25 April 2014, 1 month before the European elections, Notre Europe – Jacques Delors Institute and the European Movement – France organised the eighth debate of their cycle “Droit d’inventaire – Droit d’inventer”, in Aix-en-Provence in the euro-constituency South-East, on the themes democracy, employment, the euro and globalisation.
Three major issues were pointed out:
1. Democracy: what needs to be done to create a European public space?
2. Globalisation: is the EU naive?
3. Employment and the euro: is the euro responsible for unemployment in the EU?
On this occasion, citizens were able to share their questions and opinions with:
– Jean-Luc Bennahmias, member of the European parliament
– Pierre Bernard-Reymond, senator, former minister of state responsible for European affairs
– Pedro Marinho Da Costa, general consul for Portugal in Marseille
– Françoise Grossetête, member of the European Parliament
– Sylvie Goulard, member of the European Parliament
– Rolf Robert Herden, general consul for Germany in Marseille
– François-Michel Lambert, member of the European Parliament
– Alain Malégarie, former general director of the Euro Institute in Lyon, and candidate in the next European parliamentary elections
– Gerbert Rambaud, candidate in the next European parliamentary elections
– Michèle Rivasi, member of the European Parliament
– Marie-Christine Vergiat, member of the European Parliament
To listen to the podcast of the debate (in French), click here.
To see the pictures, click here.