What role for the EU concerning employment in globalisation?
This synthesis by Virginie Timmerman shows the key issues of the debate organised by Notre Europe – Jacques Delors Institute and the European Movement France on 4 April, in Evry, about employment, globalisation, and the EU.
Three major issues were pointed out:
1. Employment: finding a common framework
2. Employment: European solutions?
3. Globalisation: is the EU a good thing?
On this occasion, citizens were able to share their questions and opinions with:
– Lynne BENTLEY, Chief of international projects at the Faculté des Métiers de l’Essonne
– Pervenche BERES, Member of the European Parliament
– Sofia FERNANDES, senior research fellow, economic and social affairs, Notre Europe – Jacques Delors Institute
– Patrick LE HYARIC, Member of the European Parliament
– Guillaume ROTY, Economic attaché at the Representation of the Commission in Paris
– Christian THEROND, Business manager and President of the Essonne branch of MEDEF