On 4 April 2014, less than 2 months before the next European elections, Notre Europe – Jacques Delors Institute and the European Movement – France organised the fifth debate of their cycle “Droit d’inventaire – Droit d’inventer”, in Evry in the euro-constituency Île-de-France, on the themes employment and globalisation.
Three major issues were pointed out:
1. Employment: finding a common framework
2. Employment: European solutions?
3. Globalisation: is the EU a good thing?
On this occasion, citizens were able to share their questions and opinions with:
– Lynne BENTLEY, Chief of international projects at the Faculté des Métiers de l’Essonne
– Pervenche BERES, Member of the European Parliament
– Sofia FERNANDES, senior research fellow, economic and social affairs, Notre Europe – Jacques Delors Institute
– Patrick LE HYARIC, Member of the European Parliament
– Guillaume ROTY, Economic attaché at the Representation of the Commission in Paris
– Christian THEROND, Business manager and President of the Essonne branch of MEDEF
To listen to the podcast of the debate (in French), click here.
To see the pictures, click here.