A catalyst role for the Union
Our president, António Vitorino, takes a stand on the main issues of the European Council of 19-20 March 2015 in an interview on the following issues: the energy union, the situation in Ukraine, the Eastern Partnership and the European semester.
Our president, António Vitorino, takes a stand on the main issues of the European Council of 19-20 March 2015 in an interview on the following questions:
1. This European Council is going to have to set guidelines for the establishment of an energy union. What are your chief recommendations in that connection?
2. Do you think that in order to create this energy union, the European Council should adopt the Commission’s recent proposals “as is” or should it complete them?
3. In your view, what are the main messages that the European Council should issue in connection with the situation in Ukraine?
4. How can the European Council impart an additional thrust to the Eastern Partnership following the summit in Riga?
5. This European Council is going to conclude the first phase of the European semester for 2015. What economic, social or budgetary challenges should it highlight in particular, in your view?