How to communicate ahead of the European elections?
This synthesis by Nicolas Leron explains the arguments of the seminar “How to communicate on the European elections?” organised by Notre Europe – Jacques Delors Institute, EuroCité and Europartenaires on 20 November 2013.
On 20 November 2013, Notre Europe – Jacques Delors Institute, in partnership with EuroCité and Europartenaires, organised the fifth seminar of the cycle “European public space: heading towards the European elections” about “How to communicate on the European elections?”.
Nicolas Leron, EuroCité president, summarised the seminar around its three main elements:
1. European institutions, what kind of communication towards citizens?
2. What are the difficulties of institutional communication regarding
3. Are the European institutions effective and legitimate to communicate
on European elections?
The seminar, opened by Eszter PATAY, Europartenaires adviser, was introduced by Anne HOUTMAN, head of European Commission Representation in Paris and took place between :
Communication officer of the European Parliament representation office in
– Philip CORDERY, member of Parliament for French citizens from Benelux countries;
– Michael MALHERBE, communication
consultant and European blogger.
The debate was moderated by Yves BERTONCINI, director of Notre Europe – Jacques Delors Institute.
Nicolas LERON, EuroCité president, concluded the session.
Europe – Jacques Delors Institute, Eurocité and Europartenaires would
like to thank the Representation of the European Commission in France for
hosting this cycle.