The single market 20 years later: challenges and opportunities
This synthesis by Emanuel Gyger and Maria Eugenia Le Gourriérec presents the main ideas of the conference organised by the Maison de l’Europe and Notre Europe – Jacques Delors Institute at the Maison de l’Europe in Paris on 11 December 2013.
This synthesis by Emanuel Gyger and Maria Eugenia Le Gourriérec, reviews the main ideas discussed during the conference entitled “The single market 20 years later: challenges and opportunities” organised by Notre Europe – Jacques Delors Institute and the Maison de l’Europe on 11 December 2013 in Paris. The conference focused on two elements of the single market: growth and the social dimension. The text is divided in five parts:
1. The single market, a driving force for growth in Europe;
2. A potential which has yet to be fully exploited;
3. A single market based on competition and on solidarity;
4. The social dimension of the single market in the context of the European elections campaign;
5. The single market, unloved and incomplete.
The podcast of the Minister for European Affairs speech’s, Thierry Repentin, is available here (in French).