The European Trade Union Institute for Research, Education, and Health and Safety (ETUI-REHS) is an international non profit-making Association established under Belgian law.
It has three main objectives:
- conducting research, producing studies and monitoring European issues of strategic importance for the world of labour while building bridges between the academic and research community and the labour movement;
- promoting education and training activities, programmes and exchanges that strengthen a European Trade Union identity;
- providing technical support in the field of occupational health, safety and protection so as to promote a high level of health and safety protection for workers in Europe.
The ETUI-REHS employs approximately 60 staff from across Europe. It is financially supported by the European Community.
With whom we work
- The European trade union movement, its officers and representatives;
- Universities, research bodies and trade union related institutes;
- European Union institutions;
- National occupational health and safety bodies;
- Organisations involved in promoting health and safety within the workplace;
- Actors working in the field of social Europe.
The ETUI-REHS was created in April 2005 as a result of the merger of three bodies: the European Trade Union Institute (ETUI); the European Trade Union College (ETUCO); the Trade Union Technical Bureau (TUTB).