A new president, for what purpose?
António Vitorino takes a stand on the main issues of the European Council of 26-27 June 2014 in an interview on the EU action plan up to the year 2019, the Commission presidency, growth and jobs, the migration policy and Ukraine.
Our president, António Vitorino, takes a stand on the main issues of the European Council of 26-27 June 2014 in an interview on the following issues:
1. Do you think that the EU action plan up to the year 2019 should receive special focus during this European Council?
2. The European Council is called upon to propose a candidate for Commission president to the European Parliament. What is your position in this respect?
3. The European Council will bring a new “European semester” to a close and outline perspectives for growth and employment: what are the priorities in this respect?
4. The European Council is called upon to adopt new directions in terms of freedom, security and justice: what are your recommendations, particularly in the field of migration?
5. In your opinion, what are the main messages that the European Council should formulate in relation to the situation in Ukraine?